When I lived in Davis and when we were entertaining friends and family at Thanksgiving I would always try to entertain our guests with a postprandial quiz of my own devising. I would wait until the guests had eaten their fill in order to ensure their near-comatose state forbids them an easy escape.
In this quiz (scroll down for answers ), all of the answers sound a bit like 'Thanksgiving'. A couple of examples…
Question: What prison inmates might be doing today?
Question: One way of describing the gifts and other objects that are donated at Christmas?
You get the idea now? Okay so here ten more questions (the last one is particularly cryptic)…
- What might you call it if you bought someone a Panzer or a Sherman as a gift?
- This is what would happen if Dracula gave away his dentures?
- The unlikely event that would occur if Wall St institutions donated their profits to charity?
- The butcher's cold store has just been furnished with several sides of beef.
- Throughout his life, Mr Sinatra raised millions of dollars for good causes.
- What would you call it if lots of women suddenly returned the same type of skimpy undergarment to Victoria's Secret?
- What happens when up and coming musicians have to rely on financial contributions from their supporters?
- I appreciate you all coming here today. It pleases me immensely. I'm much obliged. I owe you all a debt of gratitude.
- Sometime I wonder about bestowing gifts upon people.
- Big actor donates to charity
- T. Hanks giving